Friday, November 07, 2008

Abject Apology and Mea Culpa



The young man in the picture with me at the left is my youngest son (no, he is not a skinhead..he has early, male-pattern baldness genes out the wazingus, poor baby) and I have done him a grave disservice. I accused BOTH my sons of voting for McCain and I have been soundly corrected. Sam, my baby, my born-again conservative, actually crossed the line and voted for Obama!!!! My oldest son didn't vote at all. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa!

I have got to say that the Sam Man surprised and delighted me with his comments. He voted with his reasoning abilities rather than philosophical leanings. While he considered Palin "hot," he obviously didn't want her that close to the presidency. His problems in finding a job didn't go unnoted by his quick mind. And he was not pleased with Bush's track record and the fact that McCain didn't distance himself from those policies. WAY TO GO, KIDDO! Of course, I have always been proud of the fact that, even when we disagreed, he cared about his country and was eager to keep himself informed and to vote. But, having brought up both my raised children to be good little Dems with a slightly left-of-center stance, I was wondering what I did wrong. I found out I did NOTHING wrong. My baby boy was just exercising his right as a man to think for himself without Mom calling the shots.

He also has pleased me with a request to know more about my adoption activism and if there was anything he could do to help. That one made me cry.

So, to my son, I will say that you have, once again, caught your Mother off-guard in a very good way, you are the master, the king, and 'salami, salami, baloney!'

No comments: